LMU has partnered with Los Angeles Country Metropolitan Transportation Authority (LACMTA or METRO) to increase student access to public transportation services. The U-Pass Program offers eligible students unlimited rides on Metro's rails and bus lines and is designed to streamline the process of purchasing college student discount fares. See below for eligibility requirements.
Once you have purchased a U-Pass, you'll receive a card featuring smart-chip technology. It's good for unlimited rides on all Metro bus and rail, LADOT-DASH, Culver City transit, Torrance Transit, GTrans, Foothill Transit, Long Beach Transit, Montebellow Bus Line, Norwalk Transit, Pasadena Transit, and Big Blue Bus.
- Current LMU student
- Documented completion of Metro's Disclaimer / Waiver Form
- Possession of valid LMU OneCard
- Complete Metro's Disclaimer / Waiver Form
- Print or forward the confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase semester U-Pass in person from the Parking Office (UNH 1766)
- Receive Metro U-Pass Tap Card
- Begin riding Metro for cheap!
Schedules & Pricing
Fall passes are sold at the start of each semester. The current price for a U-Pass tap card is $2 and is renewable each term.
|U-Pass Term||Semester Price||Proration Rate||Effective Date||Expiration Date|
Lost or Stolen U-Pass Cards
U-Pass Cards are replaceable for $2.00. Failure to report a missing U-Pass card can result in the disqualification of the participant's eligibility for current and future U-Pass Terms.