Rates & Dates
*Read the full DPT Policy & Procedures before parking on campus.
Note: Student employees must purchase parking under their student affiliation.
- $429.00 for Fall Semester (August 1 - January 15)
- $429.00 for Spring Semester including Summer (January 1 - August 15)
- $256.50 for Summer (May 1 - August 15)
Please note the following:
- Students with 7 or more billable hours are automatically charged $429.00 for parking each semester
- To avoid this charge, students must opt-out by each semester's add/drop deadline
- After the add/drop deadline students must opt-in/self-purchase parking via LMU Park through my.lmu.edu
- Permits are not pro-rated
- Must register all vehicles via LMU Park
- AFROTC and LMU Extension Students excluded from the automatic charge - must opt-in/self-purchase
Students registered in 7 or more billable hours will automatically be charged $429.00 for parking via their student account on a semester basis.
Students who choose not to bring a vehicle may opt-out of the semester parking charge. These steps will need to be taken each semester if not parking on campus.
- Log into my.lmu.edu
- Select "Accounts & Tech"
- Select "LMU Park Account"
- Choose "Manage Accounts"
- Complete the Student Opt-Out questions at the bottom of the page
- Print screen a copy of your submissions
If you are waitlisted for classes and are officially registered for less than seven semester hours, the parking fee will be delayed until course load exceeds seven semester hours. If you are unsure of your final unit load for the semester and wish to opt-out, please do not wait until after the deadline has passed. There is no penalty for opting-out with less than seven semester hours.
All students who have not submitted an online form opting-out by the the University's class add/drop deadline each semester will be charged $429.00. Refund requests after the deadline will follow the University's Refund Percentage Periods.
Questions or comments? Contact the Parking Office.
Since I am automatically charged for parking, do I need to register my vehicle?
Yes, you will still need to register your vehicle to prevent being cited and/or towed.
How will I be charged for parking?
Students registered for seven or more billable hours will be charged via their student account.
If I opt-out and then decide to bring a car, can I purchase a parking permit?
Yes, opting-out will not prevent you from purchasing a parking permit in the future. Simply log into my.lmu.edu. Select "LMU Park Account". Access can be found under the "Accounts & Tech" drop-down menu along the top navigation bar. At the bottom of the LMU Park main page, select "Get Permits" and follow the on-screen prompts. Permits are not prorated.