Become the speaker and leader you want to be.
Toastmasters will show you how to:
- Develop better speaking and presentation skills
- Learn to think quickly and clearly on your feet
- Build strong leadership skills
Enhance your communication and leadership skills
Practice your public speaking and leadership skills in a friendly, supportive environment with people who are there for the same reasons you are - to be better communicators and leaders. Members include colleagues from ITS, Campus Ministry, Academic Affairs, Payroll and Marketing and Communications.
Lions Pride Toastmasters Club Meetings
Kick-off Meeting for the New Academic Year! Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 12 pm in the HR Training Room (University Hall 1901).
Anyone interested in attending our meetings can reach out to Eva Cruz-Aedo (Club President/VP of Membership) at Eva.Cruz-Aedo@lmu.edu or Beverly Clayton (VP of Public Relations/Treasurer) at Beverly.Clayton@lmu.edu.
Meetings are held every other week. Schedule to be announced.
LMU Lions Pride Toastmasters Officers
President/VP of Membership · Eva Cruz-Aedo
VP of Public Relations/Treasurer · Beverly Clayton
Secretary/Sergeant of Arms · Nagaraja 'Raj" Kode
Club & Contest Achievements
- 14 Competent Communicators, 10 Competent Leaders
- 3 Advanced Communicator Bronze, 1 Advance Leader Bronze
- In January 2016, Jef Mendoza received his Competent Leadership.
- In December 2015, Claudia Naciff received her Advanced Communicator Bronze.
- In April 2, 2014, Gary Chen earned 2nd place in the Area A-1 "Speakers of OZ" Evaluation Speech Contest.
- On Oct. 18, 2011, the club co-sponsored a "Pay It Forward" professional development workshop on topics such as communication, leadership and time management. Seven toastmaster members led/co-led workshops with 35 total colleagues attending.
- On Sept. 17, 2011, Dustin Reece earned 2nd place in the Area A-4 Humorous Speech Contest, and Husan Thompson earned 2nd place in the Evaluation Contest.
- In Spring 2011, Peggy Dobreer earned 1st place in the Area A-4 International Speech Contest. Club Fairy Tales Winner, Francis Villalpando, competed the same day.
- In Spring 2010, Husan Thompson earned 2nd place in the Area C-5 International Speech. Club Evaluation Contest Winner, Joseph McNicholas, competed the same day.
Eva Cruz-Aedo, VP of Membership