Learning Workday - Your Way!
Whether you prefer to learn by following step-by-step instructions, watching demo videos, or attending live webinars, LMU has a variety of learning opportunities to suit you.
The following is a sneak peek at the types of learning materials that will be made available in the coming months. Starting June 28, you can find these materials readily available on the LMU Workday dashboard.
- Reference Guides - offers self-paced instructions and screen shots.
- Video Demos - provides overviews of frequently used Workday functions.
- Zoom Webinars - covers essential functions for Human Resources and Finance. Scroll down to the "Sign Up for Workday Webinars" section for the schedule and registration links.
If you have questions about Workday training, please view our Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions page.
Sign Up for Workday Webinars
Workday Webinars serve as a live demo, with a dedicated Q&A session to answer your questions. Workday team members will either reach out to you directly, or post frequently asked questions and answers on the Workday homepage. If you cannot attend any of the webinars, recordings will be posted on this webpage.
Important Notes about Workday Webinars
- Registration is required.
- Each webinar is 60 minutes in length and you can register for as many sessions as you need. Please check with your manager to ensure there is sufficient office coverage and no scheduling conflicts.
- Attending the "HR Webinar for Employees" webinar first is a prerequisite for managers.
- You will receive several emails with a unique link to attend the webinar, add to your Outlook calendar, remind you of upcoming webinars, and to submit a webinar evaluation survey.
During this 60-minute demo session, you will learn how to:
- Navigate the Workday home page, access frequently used applications, update your Worker Profile, use Search, install the Workday mobile app, and more.
- Complete critical tasks - complete time entry for non-exempt employees, request time off, change dependents or beneficiaries, add emergency contacts, update payment elections and tax withholding elections, view payslips, and more.
RSVP for a Session
- Monday, June 21, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 23, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 24, 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 28, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 28, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 30, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, July 1, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, July 2, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 6, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
During this 60-minute demo session, you will become familiar with:
- Manager-Specific Navigation in Workday
- Supervisory Organizations and Position Management
- Security, Processes, and Approvals
- Time Entry and Time Off Management
- Staffing Transactions and Compensation for Managers
RSVP for a Session
- Tuesday, June 22, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 23, 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 25, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 29, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 30, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 2, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 6, 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, July 8, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
During this 60-minute demo session, you will gain a greater understanding about:
- The fundamentals of Workday financials, such as Cost Centers, Worktags, etc.
- Initiating financial transactions, such as spend authorizations or expense reports
- Requesting goods using requisition or the Connect to Supplier Website feature
RSVP for a Session
Faculty who are teaching during the Summer 2021 semester are encouraged to sign up for any of the above webinars. LMU will also offer Workday Essentials for Faculty sessions, starting in mid-August. Further details, including registration links, will be shared with faculty closer to the time.
Student Employment Services is currently finalizing a training schedule that aligns with the student hiring cycle. Please refer to SES's Workday website for the full schedule.
Loyola Law School Campus
Please contact Student Financial Services for training specific to Loyola Law School.
Additional Special Group Training
The following training is in progress, and will continue through the June 28 Workday launch.
Train-The-Trainer - Beginning in late May, LMU trainers from HR and the Controller's Office are participating in internal Workday learning sessions, to qualify as subject matter experts before leading end-user webinars.
Instructor-Led Training - Starting in early June, training for the following specialty groups has begun. If you are part of any of these groups, you will receive further email communication with detailed info, including session schedules and how to register.
- Cost Center Managers/Specialists
- Department Finance Specialists
- Student Employment
- HR Recruitment (for staff and faculty positions)
- Workday Essentials for Facilities Management Supervisors (in Spanish)
- and more.