Please wait for a DC Notification in your Lion Email before picking up packages at the Distribution Center
Student Address Format
First & Last Name (no nicknames)
Loyola Marymount University
1 LMU Drive, MS B-####
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Mail and packages may be delayed or returned if not properly addressed. Student mailbox numbers are emailed to first-year students and new transfer students during the first two weeks of August. Students may also look up their mail box numbers in PROWL.
- Do not send cash, checks, gift cards or other items of value via standard first class stamped mail. We recommend trackable methods: USPS (Registered, Certified, or Priority services), UPS, or FedEx.
- Please be cautious when mailing birthday, best wishes, or holiday cards with valuable items inside.
- Purchase insurance when shipping valuables so that you are protected against loss or damage. Some carriers include insurance, please check with your carrier, on the value.
- If you must send medication, please send the medication using FedEx, UPS or USPS Priority, not standard first class or parcel.
For any assistance with student mail box numbers please email the Help Desk - DCHD@lmu.edu
Package Retrieval - Time Limit
All unclaimed student packages shipped by USPS will be returned to sender 30 days after they have been received. For packages shipped by other carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.) the items will be discarded or donated.
For special accommodations or time extensions, please contact the HelpDesk at DCHD@lmu.edu
Grocery delivery services, like Amazon Fresh or Instacart, are not approved LMU shippers due to health and safety reasons as well as a lack of facilities to properly accommodate such goods. Any shipments from them will be rejected or returned. Flowers will be held for 3 days before being discarded.
Students may forward their mail to an off-campus address for the following reasons:
- Leave of Absence
- Summer Break
- Study Abroad
To request mail forwarding services, please submit a mail forward request under the + with "Our Services".
*Please note that it normally takes the US Postal Service twelve to fourteen days to forward first-class mail. However, it may take up to six weeks to deliver forwarded mail. Items received from couriers other than the US Postal Service are not eligible for forwarding.
Alternative Package Pick-up
If you cannot pick up a package due to an emergency and would like another person to pick it up, please send the request to DCHD@lmu.edu using your lion email address. The individual picking up the package must bring photo identification in order to claim the package. We may also be able to place your package in the lockers if you are not able to pick-up during normal operating hours. Please email the Help Desk for approval (depends on locker space and availability).
The Distribution Center also has the ability to ship packages to alternative addresses (Cost depends on carrier)
Outgoing Mail and Packages
The Campus Business Center offers limited USPS, FedEx, and UPS services. Flexi dollars and credit cards are accepted for all transactions.
Notes and Restrictions:
- We cannot ship any international non-documents package. If you are trying to ship a package or commodity overseas you will have to post it through an official courier outlet.
- We cannot ship any packages weighing over 16oz to a military address (APO/FPO).
- All outgoing mail weighing over 16oz must bear a return address.
- We do not accept pre-paid UPS shipments. Any such shipments can be dropped off at one of the UPS dropboxes on campus, or at a UPS store.
You must e-mail the Distribution Center HelpDesk (DCHD@lmu.edu) at least 24 hours in advance if you need to pick up an overnight package before 3:00 p.m. on the day it arrives. The e-mail must indicate the expected arrival date, the carrier, and the tracking number.
Student Employment Opportunities
The Distribution Center employs a large number of LMU students to assist in processing mail and making deliveries on campus.
Check Workday for all Distribution Center openings. Please note that all DC student positions require work study awards.