Workstation evaluations are available for employees who work on a computer throughout the day and employees who are experiencing symptoms of repetitive stress (musculoskeletal disorders).
Workstation assessment focuses on several aspects of an office environment such as the chair, desk, keyboards, monitor, employee body movements and work habits. The assessment includes:
- Interview with employee.
- Observation of essential job tasks.
- Photo documentation (when applicable).
- Identification of risk factors.
- Onsite workstation adjustments, including existing equipment and employee work processes.
How to Request an Ergonomic Evaluation
- Inform your direct supervisor that you will be requesting an ergonomic evaluation.
- Complete and submit the registration form below.
- Complete the self-assessment form.
- Make any necessary adjustments at your workstation when completing the self-assessment.
- Email to MyWellness@lmu.edu to confirm date/time of evaluation.
What to Expect
- Discussion Period: Basic questions are asked about your job.
- Evaluation/Observation: Ergonomic Evaluator observes activity of your job.
- Time Frame for Initial Ergonomic Evaluation: It should be 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Time Frame for Standard Ergonomic Cases: 6-8 weeks (includes follow-ups and purchases if needed).
- Report: Provides you with recommendations to reduce risks of incurring work-related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSDs).
Ergonomic Evaluation Registration
Please inform your direct supervisor prior to submitting the form below.