Learning & Development (L&D) supports LMU's mission by enhancing both employee and organizational performance. L&D endeavors to enrich the University's culture so that LMU will be an effective and innovative place in which to teach, learn and work. We strive to educate, inspire and empower individuals and work groups.
L&D provides new staff a robust introduction to work-life at LMU through its New Employee Orientation program. The day-long program introduces new staff to LMU, its mission and expectations in order to support the new employee's transition into the University and ensure their future success at LMU.
L&D programs, consultations, resources and courses focus on leadership, team building, communication, customer service, performance, IT literacy, organizational development and work-life balance. The following are examples of programs currently available to faculty and staff:
Professional Skills Workshops
- Management Certificate Program
- Customer Service, Diversity, Leadership, Communication, Team Building, and Conflict Resolution
- Lions Pride Toastmasters Club
Technical Skills Workshops
- Various Mac/PC-related system enterprise support
- Information security awareness