When you choose to enhance your skills, you choose success!
Learning & Development (L&D) supports LMU's mission by enhancing both employee and organizational performance. L&D endeavors to enrich the University's culture so that LMU will be an effective and innovative place in which to teach, learn and work. We strive to educate, inspire and empower individuals and work groups.
L&D provides new staff a robust introduction to work-life at LMU through its New Employee Orientation program. The day-long program introduces new staff to LMU, its mission and expectations in order to support the new employee's transition into the University and ensure their future success at LMU.
L&D programs, consultations, resources and courses focus on leadership, team building, communication, customer service, performance, IT literacy, organizational development and work-life balance. The following are examples of programs currently available to faculty and staff:
Professional Skills Workshops
- Management Certificate Program/Supervisory Skill Development
- LMU Service Standards, Diversity, Leadership, Communication, Team Building, Conflict Resolution, Mindfullness, Emotional Intellifence, Harrassment Prevention and Presentation Skills
- Individual and Group Assessments
- Lions Pride Toastmasters Club
- Needs Assessment
- Change Management
- Retreat Facilitation
- Group Communication
- Customized Workshops
- Trainer/Consultant Referrals