What to expect before, during and after an ergonomic evaluation:
- If the employee is feeling any aches, pains or physical tensions at work, their physician should be contacted prior an ergonomics evaluation.
- The ergonomics evaluation is approximately 30 – 45 minutes.
- Any substantial equipment recommendations will require a physician's notice. For example, Sit/Stands typically require a physician's medical certificate.
- The email summary of the ergonomic evaluation takes up to 10 days to be created, routed to the supervisor for review, and to then be directly forwarded to the employee to start "next steps". Please note, depending on the severity of the case, we always try to expedite as soon as possible.
- The summary to the supervisor will not include any health conditions/history voluntarily shared during the evaluation and it's context is generalized to support the privacy of the employee. Please note, the employee is not obligated to share any private medical history with the ergonomist.
- The complete ergonomic process can take up to 6-8 weeks for completion depending on the purchase and installation of equipment.
- The employee and employee's department are responsible overseeing the procurement and installation of any recommended ergonomic equipment. Any equipment recommended will be purchased by the department's P-card to then be interoffice charged to Human Resources.
- The employee and employee's department are responsible for creating and following up with any recommended FM or ITS service requests.
- Upon the final delivery and installation of any equipment (if any), it is the responsibility of the employee to schedule a follow-up if desired.