Dates designated as University Holidays are based on the calendar published by Human Resources. No event, function or activity may take place during these dates as defined by the Administration, with the exception of religious services and University sanctioned NCAA Athletic games. Because we are closed, no support staff is available beginning at 6p the day before the holiday.
Below are the University Holidays for the academic year of 2018-2019:
- Labor Day, September 3
- Thanksgiving, November 22-25
- Holiday Break, December 22-January 2
- Martin Luther King Day, January 21
- Cesar Chavez Day, April 1
- Easter, April 19-21
- Memorial Day, May 27
- Independence Day, July 4
TIER 1 UNIVERSITY EVENTS
The University designates full priority to these events during the year and restricts all other events or functions from occurring on these dates due to size, scope and logistical complexity.
Below are the Tier 1 University Events for the academic year of 2018-2019:
- Welcome Weekend, August 17-26
- Alumni Weekend, September 22-23
- Open House, October 6-7
- Family Weekend, February 8-10 & 15-17
- Preview Day, April 13-14
- LMU Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement, May 8-14
- Loyola Law School Commencement, May 17-19
Please note that Family Weekend will be confirming their date in early September.
Event Advisories do not restrict events from happening, but instead, warn event planners that it may not be wise to plan their event on that particular date. Event Advisories are typically assigned to the two permitted 5K races on campus and are in place from 7a-12p the day of the race. Event planners trying to plan events during these dates should be aware that there will be traffic delays on campus during the specified time frame.
Below are the Event Advisories for the academic year of 2018-2019:
- Think Pink 5k, October 20
- Race for Success 5k, March 9
No Student Support
Events can occur on campus during dates designated as No Student Support dates, but clients should be aware that limited support is available and longer setup times may be necessary to accommodate certain requests. No Student Support time frames include times when we may not have our full student staff available, such as Finals Week or Spring Break etc. No Student Support Blackouts will typically fall on any time frame when classes are not in session.
Below are the No Student Support times for the academic year of 2018-2019:
- Student Training Day, September 8
- Autumn Day, October 12-14
- Thanksgiving, November 21-25
- Finals Week & Holiday Break, December 8-January 13
- Spring Break, March 9-17
- Easter Break, April 17-18
- Finals Week & Start of Summer, May 4-May 12