Dates designated as University Holidays are based on the calendar published by Human Resources. No event, function, or activity may take place after 5:00pm the day(s) prior the University holiday or holiday weekend, with the exception of religious services, University sanctioned NCAA Athletic games, and summer conferences.
Tier 1 University Events
The University designates full priority to these events during the year, and restricts* all other events or functions from occurring on these dates (or their surrounding dates for Commencements) due to size, scope, and logistical complexity.
The Tier 1 University Events, with their corresponding blackout dates, for the 2022-2023 Academic Calendar are:
- Welcome Week, August 19-28
- Alumni Weekend, September 16-18
- Family Weekend, February 16-19
- Commencement Mass and All Commencements, April 28-May 24
The Tier 1 University Events, with their corresponding blackout dates, for the 2023-2024 Academic Calendar are:
- Alumni Reunions, June 1-4
- Welcome Week, August 18-27
- Alumni BBQ, September 22-24
- Family Weekend, October 12-15 OR October 19-22
- Commencement Mass and All Commencements, April 26-May 22
* If you believe your event contributes to the mission of the Tier 1 event, you may submit an exception request for consideration to have your event hosted during these blackouts. Please note that these requests will not be reviewed until at least 30 days prior to the Tier 1 schedule, and that approval for your event is not guaranteed. An alternate date(s) should be scheduled to avoid conflicts. If your event is approved to occur within the Tier 1 blackout timeframe, event support will be minimal if any, and approval will only be granted for the current year.
Limited Student Support
Dates designated as Limited Student Support days are times when we do not have our full student staff available, which typically occur when classes are not in session, as outlined in the Registrar's Academic Calendar. Events may occur on campus during these dates, but clients should be aware that limited support is available and longer set-up times may be necessary to accommodate certain requests. The timeframes include:
- Thanksgiving Week
- Fall Finals Week
- Winter Break
- Spring Break
- Conference and Event Services Student Training Days