Dates designated as University Holidays are based on the calendar published by Human Resources. No event, function or activity may take place during these dates as defined by the Administration, with the exception of religious services and University sanctioned NCAA Athletic games. Because we are closed, no support staff is available beginning at 6p the day before the holiday.
Below are the University Holidays for the academic year of 2017-2018:
- Labor Day, September 4
- Thanksgiving, November 23-26
- Holiday Break, December 22-January 2
- Martin Luther King Day, January 15
- Cesar Chavez Day, March 29
- Good Friday, March 30
- Memorial Day, May 28
- Independence Day, July 4
TIER 1 UNIVERSITY EVENTS
The University designates full priority to these events during the year and restricts all other events or functions from occurring on these dates due to size, scope and logistical complexity.
Below are the Tier 1 University Events for the academic year of 2017-2018:
- Welcome Weekend, August 23-27
- Alumni Weekend, September 23-24
- Open House, October 7-8
- Family Weekend, February 9-11
- Preview Day, April 21-22
- LMU Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement, May 2-8
- Loyola Law School Commencement, May 18-20
The University has changed the format of Welcome Week for Fall 2018, so moving forward the event blackout will be on August 17-August 26.
Event Advisories do not restrict events from happening, but instead, warn event planners that it may not be wise to plan their event on that particular date. Event Advisories are typically assigned to the two permitted 5K races on campus and are in place from 7a-12p the day of the race. Event planners trying to plan events during these dates should be aware that there will be traffic delays on campus during the specified time frame.
Below are the Event Advisories for the academic year of 2017-2018:
- Think Pink 5k, October 21
- Race for Success 5k, March 10
No Student Support
Events can occur on campus during dates designated as No Student Support dates, but clients should be aware that limited support is available and longer setup times may be necessary to accommodate certain requests. No Student Support time frames include times when we may not have our full student staff available, such as Finals Week or Spring Break etc. No Student Support Blackouts will typically fall on any time frame when classes are not in session.
Below are the No Student Support times for the academic year of 2017-2018:
- Student Training Day, September 9
- Autumn Day, October 13-15
- Thanksgiving, November 22-26
- Finals Week & Holiday Break, December 9-January 7
- Spring Break, March 3-11
- Easter Break, March 29-April 1
- Finals Week & Start of Summer, April 28-May 13