Dates designated as University Holidays are based on the calendar published by Human Resources. No event, function or activity may take place during these dates as defined by the Administration, with the exception of religious services and University sanctioned NCAA Athletic games. Because we are closed, no support staff is available beginning at 5:00 pm the day before the holiday.
Below are the University Holidays for the academic year of 2019-2020:
- Labor Day, September 2
- Thanksgiving, November 28-December 1
- Holiday Break, December 21-January 1
- Martin Luther King Day, January 20
- Cesar Chavez Day, April 9
- Easter, April 10-12
- Memorial Day, May 25
- Independence Day, July 3
TIER 1 UNIVERSITY EVENTS
The University designates full priority to these events during the year and restricts all other events or functions from occurring on these dates due to size, scope and logistical complexity*.
Below are the Tier 1 University Events for the academic year of 2019-2020:
- Welcome Week, August 16-25
- Alumni Weekend, September 21-22
- Open House, October 5-6
- Family Weekend, February 28-March 1
- Preview Day, April 18-19
- LMU Undergraduate & Graduate Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement, May 6-12
- Loyola Law School Commencement, May 13-17
* If you believe your event contributes to the mission of the Tier 1 event, resubmit your event request 30 eays prior to your requested date for consideration. However, approval for your event is not guaranteed and an alterate date(s) should be scheduled to avoid conflicts. If your event is approved to occur within the Tier 1 blackout time frame, event support will be minimal.
Event Advisories restrict events from occurring due to the impact that large scale events will have on campus. During these advisories, there will be traffic delays on campus. Event Advisories are typically assigned to the two permitted 5K races on campus on the day of the race and ASLMU's Fallapalooza event.
Below are the Event Advisories for the academic year of 2019-2020:
- Fallapalooza, September 29
- Think Pink 5K, October 19
- Westchester 5k, March 14
Limited Student Support
Events can occur on campus during dates designated as Limited Student Support dates, but clients should be aware that limited support is available and longer setup times may be necessary to accommodate certain requests. Limited Student Support time frames include times when we may not have our full student staff available, such as Finals Week or Spring Break etc. Limited Student Support Blackouts will typically fall on any time frame when classes are not in session.
Below are the Limited Student Support times for the academic year of 2019-2020:
- Student Training Day, September 7
- Autumn Day, October 11-13
- Thanksgiving, November 27-December 1
- Finals Week & Holiday Break, December 7-January 12
- Spring Break, March 8-15
- Cesar Chavez Day, March 30-31
- Easter Break, April 7-12
- Finals Week & Start of Summer, May 2-24