LMU faculty, staff and students can join Zipcar for $15 ($25 thereafter annually).
Apply online at zipcar.com/lmu. Enter the correct mailing address (if it's different from the billing address), and you will receive a Zipcard in the mail within five to seven days.
Zipcar reserves the right to decline membership based on driving history or credit issues.
To be eligible you must be at least 18 years old, with a valid driving license for a year, and have a driving record that meets the following requirements:
Ages 18 to 20:
- No "incidents" (moving violations or accidents).
- No major violations.
- No alcohol or drug-related violations.
Ages 21 and older:
- No more than 2 accidents or moving violations in the past 3 years, and no more than 1 in the past 18 months.
- No major violations in the past 3 years.
- No alcohol or drug-related violations in the past 7 years.
- Reserve a Zipcar on the website or through the app for a minimum of 1 hour or up to 7 days at a time.
- You are responsible for returning the car in good condition with at least 1/4 tank of fuel for the next user.