The Rainbow Room provides a learning environment for older pre-schoolers. Children in the Rainbow Room are generally four years of age.
This classroom offers...
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum which is oriented to the "whole child".
- Cognitively-oriented curriculum that emphasizes experiences which will lead the child to the construction of logical knowledge through science, math and problem-solving activities.
- Literacy curriculum that focuses on the child's growth and understanding of reading and writing.
- Anti-bias curriculum that helps the child grow in his/her understanding of fairness, human rights and differences.
- Art and sensory activities to foster and encourage creativity.